Today was a busy for our little household! I started back to school, Dave started his last week of work before graduation on Saturday, and we FINALLY had another scan of Baby Jake! We have been spoiled getting to see him so often, and these 4 weeks have seemed like an eternity!
We were a little dissapointed because our regular doctor was not in the office today. However, Baby Jake was more cooperative at this ultrasound than in the past, so we were able to see his heart, spine, hands, feet, and all other important parts clearly. Everything looked good! He is right on track for his growth and weight and in the 85th percentile overall. This is good news because we need him to be healthy and fat, since he will be born between 36-37 weeks. If he is too small or fragile, it could endanger the shunt procedure, as his skin could be so thin, they would not have room to place the shunt under it effectively. ( I like to think all the brownies I have been eating are effectively packing on the pounds! :) )
Jake's head is measuring around the 95th percentile, which is approx. 5 weeks ahead. However, his ventricles remained relatively stable. They are both around 23-24 mm at this point. This is good news and we were encouraged that they are not increasingly larger. We are so thankful!! We have our glucose test on Thursday, and then next Tuesday we are scheduled to meet with our NICU team and neurosurgeon. We are looking forward to meeting them, and hopefully getting some questions answered. Although, at this point, "We will have to wait and see." has become the standard response to most of our questions!
We know none of this is possible without your constant support and prayers! Words cannot express how thankful we are to you for all of them! We take comfort in the fact that God would not put trials in our life without a plan to lead us through them and show us His glory and grace. We cannot wait to see what great things He has planned for our lives!
"I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou may knowest that I, the Lord, which call thee by name, am the God of Israel." -Isiah 45:2-3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks so much for the Baby Jake update!!! Sounds like encouraging news to me and I'm so thankful. Baby Jake is up on our prayer board in our breakfast room where we can see it each day. You're in my thoughts and prayers!!! If you're like me, the amazing strength of your child will teach you many life lessons, as yours will him. God bless!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got encouraging news and that things seem to be going well. I continue to pray for your family. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you all. Congratulations on graduation David!!!!
ReplyDelete