"Are you leaving me in this chair?!?" "You know I am only 1 month old, right?" LOL
I can not believe how big you are!
Sweet boy.
Jake turned one month old on November 4th. We cannot believe how the time has flown by and how big he is now. We are so unbelievably blessed and thankful to be on this journey with him. Even though we are exhausted from getting up all through the night to feed him, it never leaves our mind that we almost didn't have the opportunity to be so exhausted at all. He is the most precious gift we have ever received and we cannot imagine our life without him.
Jake had his one month check-up with the neurosurgeon last week. We saw the NP and had an ultrasound of Jake's brain to make sure the shunt was functioning properly. They said that the shunt is functioning beautifully and everything looks great! Jake has met all of his one month milestones, with the exception of lifting his head off the ground when looking straightforward (when on his belly). His neck muscles are actually very strong and he can turn his head to the left, right, and on the midline. He can also move and lift his head, he just has trouble controlling it once he lifts it. Jake is doing so well that the only word that came to my mind is "flourishing", even before I found this verse:
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever." -Psalm 52:8
Happy One Month Birthday Baby Jake!!
Loving the new pictures! He is just so sweet!
ReplyDeleteSorry, that last comment was from me, not my husband! :-)
ReplyDeleteHe is getting so big! He looks amazing and I am so glad he's meeting his milestones!! GREAT news! -Lauren Clark
ReplyDelete