Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Many Faces of Jake

How I Really Feel About the Bath


Beginning of the Bath


Mad at Mommy (Time to Burp, But Really Hungry)


Hand on the Cheek, Just Chilling



First Time in the Swing..What in the World?



We have been enjoying being home with Jake so much these past few days! Above are a few of his firsts. His expressions are so funny! I think he takes this after me, because I have a hard time keeping my expressions to myself! Dave is much better at maintaing a "straight" face. ;)
We had a little bit of trouble when he first came home, because the nipples that he was using in the NICU are disposable and not made very well. We were trying to wash them and reuse them since he was doing so well on them, but, they started leaking. We looked everywhere for the same nipples, but no luck. So we just started him on his regular drop-ins. At first he couldn't swallow fast enough and the formula went everywhere! Then the next feeding he had a really upset tummy. However, by the third feeding, he was much better. Now, he is a pro! We are so glad.
Today was his first pediatrician visit. He has lost 2 ounces since he left the hospital, so we need our little man to keep eating to pack on the pounds. (I wish someone would say that to me!) He did really well, considering he had to get naked to be weighed and stay that way for his entire exam. And it was cold!! He was so good for the entire appt. He was almost an hour past feeding by the time we were done, and he didn't fuss one time! Then, he had to get his first vaccine. We declined it in the hospital, because I didn't want his little body to try to make anti-bodies while trying to heal from surgery. So, he had to get it today. It was pretty pitiful! He did the quiet cry at first, you know, the one where it takes your breath away for a second. But once I scooped him up, he calmed down pretty quickly.
Tomorrow, Jake is getting his stitches removed from his shunt surgery. He has around seven in his head, and five in his belly. I know he is going to cry, because stitches really sting when they are removed! I told Dave he is going back with him, and then I need him to bring him back to me immediately. (That's fair, right?!) So, we are praying tonight that Jake's stitches come out quickly and easily, and with minimal pain. Poor little guy, he has been through so much! But he is doing so well, and we are so humbled that we were given the privelege to raise such a wonderful little boy!


1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! I love all of his expressions! My Nicholas made many of those same expressions and now he has so much personality! Glad everyone is adjusting well to being at home.

    ReplyDelete