Wow, time has really gotten away from us this month! Dave has been off work for three weeks, and of course, we had to jam them full of things we needed to do. Although it hasn't been much of a "vacation" for him, I sure have enjoyed having him home! We had our second follow up visit with early intervention to set a time for Jake's physical therapy evaluation, and our facilitator couldn't believe how strong Jake is since her last visit. He is really motivated, and she is pleased. Apparently, some babies are just laid back and not really motivated, so it makes it harder for the therapists to entice them to do things. But, Jake is very determined, and we are thankful for his little personality.
We also saw the pedi for his 4 month visit. He is doing very well overall and in the 95% for height and weight. He sounds chunky, but really he is just so long! I am sure that he will one day wonder why mommy dressed him in 3/4 length sleeves all the time! (Haha) Our pedi also said that we could start Jake on solid foods when we were ready. I am going to make his baby food, and we are going to start with advacado. It is high in omega -3 fatty acids and other brain boosting nutrients! ;) So, stay tuned for that episode!
Jake has really started laughing lately and I finally got it on video! However, I am having problems with uploading items from my phone. After one hour, fifty six minutes, and thirty seconds on the phone with AT&T, they said they will have my problem resolved by Tuesday. So if this dosen't work, I will try again later.
We also decided to try the "big boy" car seat (a Britax Advocate) because he seemed to be increasingly squished in his chicco. He seemed to do very well with it, so we decided to try the "big boy" stroller as well. It's a Maclarren umbrella stroller that he hasn't been able to sit in up to this point. We took him for a short walk in it this week, and he did really well. When he gets tired, he will turn his head to the side, but we are working on it!
We are headed to Duke this week for Jake's second cord blood infusion. I think they are all going to be surprised how big he is and how well he is doing! He was so tiny in the pictures from his first treatment! Where did my little baby go???
Happy Valentine's Day!
We also saw the pedi for his 4 month visit. He is doing very well overall and in the 95% for height and weight. He sounds chunky, but really he is just so long! I am sure that he will one day wonder why mommy dressed him in 3/4 length sleeves all the time! (Haha) Our pedi also said that we could start Jake on solid foods when we were ready. I am going to make his baby food, and we are going to start with advacado. It is high in omega -3 fatty acids and other brain boosting nutrients! ;) So, stay tuned for that episode!
Jake has really started laughing lately and I finally got it on video! However, I am having problems with uploading items from my phone. After one hour, fifty six minutes, and thirty seconds on the phone with AT&T, they said they will have my problem resolved by Tuesday. So if this dosen't work, I will try again later.
We also decided to try the "big boy" car seat (a Britax Advocate) because he seemed to be increasingly squished in his chicco. He seemed to do very well with it, so we decided to try the "big boy" stroller as well. It's a Maclarren umbrella stroller that he hasn't been able to sit in up to this point. We took him for a short walk in it this week, and he did really well. When he gets tired, he will turn his head to the side, but we are working on it!
We are headed to Duke this week for Jake's second cord blood infusion. I think they are all going to be surprised how big he is and how well he is doing! He was so tiny in the pictures from his first treatment! Where did my little baby go???
Happy Valentine's Day!

My sons have shirts that say, "Lock Up Your Daughters" too! Love it!!! Cute pictures - such a big boy already!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I know that shirt was just too cute! So many people asked where I bought it! It was definitely a hit!
ReplyDeleteLOVE HIM... That laughing is absolutely precious! Such an AMAZING GIFT FROM GOD!!! Keep it up sweet baby Jake! You are a rockstar!!!
ReplyDelete